Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I Am Not My Hair


Well to those who haven’t noticed I recently in January cut all my hair off (See my profile pic).  This is the shortest my hair has definitely been in my life and I never thought I would have the guts to do it.  I had been talking about cutting it for years and finally did it.  My husband was supportive and gave me the ok even though I was scared he would hate it.  Most of my friends and family miss my long hair and are having a hard time adjusting to the new look.  I cried and thought I was ugly at first and even felt hurt from comments that people made but I realized that I can’t worry about what others think.  Since cutting it has truly made me reflect whether we place beauty on the wrong things.  I feel like people don’t like my haircut because they felt my long hair was so beautiful but what I learned about myself is I am still the same person and it’s just hair and it can grow back if I want it to.  I felt as if my hair was defining who I was and I don’t want something physical to define me, my character or beauty.  

~SheHerbert

1 comment:

  1. Well, all I have to say is that I love you long hair, short hair, bald head and even a confused state of mind bad hair day. Beauty is not just on the outside but on the inside of the person carrying that beauty. I have always thought of you and Gigi being the most beautiful people ever. Not because you two are my family; but, because you two hearts and a passion of what is right. You think of others and there is nothing that you would not do for a person. Thank you for always staying you, accepting me for me and never judging my choices. I love you and whoever cannot accept that your hair is short because of your choice and support of your husband.........so what. You know that is not what I wanted to say.

    ReplyDelete